2 Hour HIV/AIDS Continuing Education Course
Florida barbers must complete a 2-hour continuing education HIV/AIDS course every other year. Take your class here.
Topics discussed in the HIV/AIDS class include:
- Modes of transmission.
- Infection control procedures.
- Clinical management.
- Attitudes and appropriate behavior when working with clients.
- Methods of HIV testing and treatment.
- Life with HIV/AIDS.
- Florida law and its impact on testing, confidentiality of test results, and treatment.
- HIV counseling and testing.
- Reporting of test results.
- Offering testing to pregnant women.
- Partner notification issues.
- Other communicable diseases.
2 Hour HIV/AIDS Initial Licensure Course
Applicants seeking to acquire a barber license for the first time must complete a 2-hour HIV/AIDS course for initial barber licensure. Take your 2-hour class here.
Applicants from out of state seeking a Florida barber endorsement license must complete a 2-hour HIV/AIDs course. Take your 2-hour class here.